Thursday, July 31, 2014


THE LORD OF THE RINGS - THIS DAY WE WRITE!

Robert Dugoni rallies the writers at the PNWA conference, and leaves me something to smile about. @pnwa Robert Dugoni



In a stirring moment from Lord of the Rings, Aragorn, played by Viggo Mortensen 
(who...
LISAFERNOW.COM

Always love to deliver this speech.  Yes, I'm a middle child and seek attention, but can't tell you how many people have emailed me and asked me for this speech to post on their refrigerators, computers etcetera to inspire them. I've copied the speech below as well. 

Really, it is about writing, every day if possible, but as much as you can. Writers write. We have to put our butts in the chair when the weather outside is 85 and clear (as it is in Seattle today) and when the snow is calling us to the slopes. It is a profession, not a job and I feel blessed to be a part of it. If this inspires people, all the better.

Enjoy

THIS DAY WE WRITE (C) 
Hold your ground.
Hold your ground Sons and daughters of Seattle, my Brothers and Sisters.
I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me.
The day may come when the courage of writers fails
But it is not this day.
The day may come when Agents forsake us
And Editors break all bonds of fellowship
But it is not this day!
The hour of merging publishers and shrinking advances may bring the Age of the Writer crashing down
But it is not this day!
This day we Write!
For all those stories and characters we hold dear in our hearts.
I bid you Writers of Seattle to stand with me now and swear a blood oath that ...
On this day!  
This day we Write!





No comments: